30 weeks pregnant and having nightmares

i have been having very bad dreams about spiders coming to get me and the dreams seem so real i wake up and can't find myself to go back to sleep has anyone else had the same problem? what can i do to help me get some sleep at night i nap during the day mostly now

trinitybaby

Asked by trinitybaby at 2:24 AM on Oct. 23, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Yeah, well I'm 49, NOT pregnant and still I have nightmares and trouble sleeping... so seeing as you ARE pregnant, I'd say get used to not sleeping for the next five years or so....

LMAO!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:36 AM on Oct. 23, 2013

• I'm 27 weeks and past week or so I've had real intense scary dreams. I've cut out scary movies to see if it was causing the problem but they haven't stopped. Tonight was about dead people and ghosts trying to get me.. :/ hope yours taper down.
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 8:09 AM on Oct. 23, 2013

• Nightmares during pregnancy are pretty common.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:21 AM on Oct. 23, 2013

• When pregnant, I had VERY intense dreams. Whether they were nightmares or not, they were so realistic. Although, I tended to have more in the way off erotic dreams than nightmares...
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 1:25 PM on Oct. 23, 2013

• Spiders represent the dependent emotions and conflicts one feels "caught" in, usually connected with the mother or family; can also be any emotions you don't want to handle such as a spouse leaving. Of course only you would know what these emotions are. Once you deal with the issue at hand the nightmare will stop.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:20 PM on Oct. 23, 2013

• Crazy dreams while you're pregnant (especially THAT pregnant) are totally normal. Mostly it's dreams of babies and pregnancy, but other fears can seem REALLY scary in your sleep.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 6:29 PM on Oct. 29, 2013