Dealing with being discouraged...

It's only been a month since my husband and I started trying for baby #2!! My period isn't due until Monday, but I decided to take an early test today. *NEGATIVE* I know it's early and there still could be a chance, but I hate the disappointment of a negative ... any advice?

DAjZeZnLE

Asked by DAjZeZnLE at 2:38 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• never take tests before your missed period. i know they say you can but they are not accurate. wait until your period is ATLEAST a week late. Mine didnt come out positive until i was 3 weeks late. your going to cause a lot of heartache (not to mention wasted money) by taking tests too early. so be patient!! when the time is right you'll get pregnant. good luck!!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 2:41 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• You don't even have anything to be disappointed about yet. Wait until Monday and test again. Good luck!
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 2:42 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• If any thing, I wait several days after so that I know Im getting an accurate test result. Dont do that to your self cause that would drive me crazy too. Good luck to you though!
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 6:41 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Hide the tests!! Promise yourself that you will not test until a few days after your period is due. Sure, some tests can pick up a positive before you've missed your period, but to get a more reliable result, it's better to wait.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 8:55 PM on Feb. 19, 2009