How can I help my baby girl feel better

She is 1 month old last night she had an upset tummy, then cranky and congested over the night hours. She is sneezing now. Any time I try to clear her nose nothing comes out her temp is 99.5

Footstepsof3

Asked by Footstepsof3 at 8:25 AM on Oct. 24, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nothing to be done as in medicine. Turn on the humidifier.  Call her doctor.

Answer by louise2 at 8:55 AM on Oct. 24, 2013

• For congestion, and especially if they're really feeling crummy, my kids like to sit on my lap in the bathroom while I steam it up. A lot of times, they'll fall asleep in there & makes the transition to bed a bit easier.
    BeaverHouse

Answer by BeaverHouse at 9:16 AM on Oct. 24, 2013

• Vaporizer in her room, slightly elevate her head, and before you try suctioning her nose use saline drops. Call the doctor if her temperature rises.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:30 AM on Oct. 24, 2013

• Honestly, you might not feel like it helps much, but the very best thing you can give a sick baby of that age is a lot of mama contact and cuddling. The poor thing doesn't understand why she feels awful or that the sickness will pass, so she needs lots of reassurance.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:04 PM on Oct. 24, 2013

• If you're breastfeeding, express a little milk and put it in her nose with a dropper. It clears things up quickly.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:36 PM on Oct. 26, 2013