is there any real work i can do from home?

im a teen mom still in high school and i just looking for a stay at home job

Cassiestarzl

Asked by Cassiestarzl at 9:38 AM on Oct. 24, 2013 in Money & Work

• A lot of work at home jobs are scams. I don't know of any that are really legit other than sales where you do parties (candles, housewares, etc.). Those require time you can devote on weekends and evenings I believe. If you have someone to help watch your child then that's a possibility, but your age might prove problematic.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:40 AM on Oct. 24, 2013

• babysitting or making/ selling things
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:41 AM on Oct. 24, 2013

• Without any real job experience, it could be tought to find a legitimate work at home job.

You can look for telecomuting jobs such as customer service jobs online. There are legitimate jobs, Good Morning America did a story on them a couple of years ago, but I can't remember the site, you might look there first. Just make sure the aren't scams because as QuinnMae said, many are.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:01 AM on Oct. 24, 2013

• You might look at the posts at care.com and sittercity.com. Lots of moms are looking for child care, especially before/after school care. Just an idea.....
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 11:21 AM on Oct. 24, 2013

• You can also do medical transcription but often need to take the medical terminology course. Also, doesn't sound exciting but you can pet sit. There are also companies where you place ads on the internet. You can do this from home.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:54 AM on Oct. 24, 2013

• I know one of the legit companies that do Customer service at home is Sykes(at Sykes.com). But they have set scheduled just like a real position so I do not know if that would work for you.

beyond selling stuff(like avon etc, I do Jewelry sales) I don't know much else to offer you. Also you age is going to work against you.

tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:47 PM on Oct. 24, 2013

• Look into Origami Owl or Scentsy.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:17 PM on Oct. 24, 2013

• Depends on what you mean by "real" work. I fill out online surveys, and it provides a bit of extra cash, but it's definitely not enough to live on. It's just nice to have for holiday spending, that kind of thing, and I can d it while watching a movie or in between housekeeping and my other job and stuff. However, if you're not eighteen yet, you can't join a lot of those sites. Never, ever pay to join an online survey or e-mail-reading Web site, since there are plenty of free ones.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:00 PM on Oct. 24, 2013

• well im going to be 18 really soon and my baby is only 4 months so babysitting other kids or pets dont really work but thank you all for the comments
    Cassiestarzl

Comment by Cassiestarzl (original poster) at 9:11 PM on Oct. 24, 2013

• I agree with PartyGalAnne....Origami Owl and Scentsy seem to really be popular nowadays. And with your age being younger, you would have a great clientele, I bet. With your friends and their moms.
    Tara_S

Answer by Tara_S at 4:50 PM on Oct. 25, 2013