Baking a "regular" cake in a spring form pan?

My son's birthday is this weekend. I'm making the cake and then covering it with homemade fondant. I want a taller cake and was wondering...

Can I just bake the cake in my spring form pan? It will be taller that way and probably easier to get out of the pan in one piece then a regular cake pan.

tntmom1027

Asked by tntmom1027 at 12:43 PM on Oct. 24, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Yes, that should be fine. I've baked many a regular cake in my spring pans with no issues
    Daigen

Answer by Daigen at 1:02 PM on Oct. 24, 2013

• I make custom cakes and i do ALL my round cakes in a spring form! It's way easier than a normal cake pan! Just make sure to grease the crease where the side joins the bottom really well. I put parchment in the bottom of mine too, to make it even easier to get out!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 1:31 PM on Oct. 24, 2013

• If you line the bottom and up a little it should be OK.

Answer by Bmat at 1:35 PM on Oct. 24, 2013

• @MommaTurbo...I don't have any Parchment paper :( Going to have to see if my husband can pick some up for me when he goes out(we don't have a car right now).
    tntmom1027

Comment by tntmom1027 (original poster) at 2:54 PM on Oct. 24, 2013