Is yogurt an acquired taste?

I am trying to eat healthier and everyone in my household loves yogurt. I am just not a fan of it... Is it something that comes with time? My son loves it- all flavors. Maybe since I never had it as a child it will come with time or is it just something that you like or you don't? I have tried greek and regular.... not having much luck....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Oct. 24, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I don't think it's an aquired taste. You just may not be into it. Maybe try a nice vanilla on top of you favorite fresh fruit. If you are not a fan of sweet things try plain, and sweeten it to your liking, also served with fresh fruit.
    Skip it altogether and try cottage cheese?
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 2:32 PM on Oct. 24, 2013

• Yogurt isn't healthy

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:36 PM on Oct. 24, 2013

• I like regular yogurt. But do not like the taste of the Greek yogurt.

Answer by louise2 at 2:46 PM on Oct. 24, 2013

• Greek yogurt might be an acquired taste that I didn't acquire. I like some regular yogurt flavors, but you have to look carefully at the labels because many of them are high in sugar or, worse, sugar substitutes.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:55 PM on Oct. 24, 2013

• I don't like any yogurt and never have. Not even the sugary bad for you ones. Just doesn't do it for me, although my kids like some brands/types.

Answer by missanc at 3:01 PM on Oct. 24, 2013

• I think so.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:05 PM on Oct. 24, 2013

• I couldn't stand yogurt for the longest time, then after I had my oldest child, I tried it again and now I love it. I don't know that I'd say it's an acquired taste, but I think tastes can change over time, at least.

You could try different kinds, see if any of them appeal to you.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 3:25 PM on Oct. 24, 2013

• I don't think so. I don't like regular yogurt, and tried a few brands of greek before I found one I love. I have to have Dannon vanilla greek yogurt mixed with fresh berries. If you don't like yogurt, there's no point in forcing yourself. I hate raw leafy greens, but I can still manage to eat healthy.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:09 PM on Oct. 24, 2013

• I don't have a taste for yogurt either---I do not eat anything to do with yogurt--I've tried adding fruit, granola & still can not choke it down
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 4:45 PM on Oct. 25, 2013