Are you competitive with anyone?

It could be family, friends, co-workers or acquaintances. I don't feel it with anyone but my best friend and sister, but it's kind of ridiculous.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 PM on Oct. 24, 2013 in Relationships

• Maybe with my sister sometimes but we do not see each other as often as we would like. It crops up bit.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:54 PM on Oct. 24, 2013

• I used to be super competitive with my sister, it was really bad probably until I was 21 or 22. Now I am not competitive with anyone. I think my sister still wants to be, she likes to brag to me about all the nice things she has, how great she looks, ect but I really don't care. My sister and I have much different priorities and want much different things out of life, which is why I just don't talk to her anymore.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 11:59 PM on Oct. 24, 2013

• Competition was what life was all about in my family. My parents encouraged it, to the point where the three of us kids would compete over ridiculous things like who had the fewest cavities. I made a conscious choice to change the way I looked at the world once I grew up, left home, and figured out that competition just for the sake of itself was crazy. I don't remember anymore what my SAT scores were in 1989, but my brother still does. He never got over the fact that mine were higher than his. When my cousn and I had babies three weeks apart, the family was all over it--which one walked first, who got teeth the fastest, who weighed more at birth and at regular intervals afterward. It blew my mind. My dad even told me once that when he looks at a field of wildflowers, he sees a battle for survival and dominance, all of those plants fighting for space and light. I think he's neurotic.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:13 AM on Oct. 25, 2013

• Nope
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:03 AM on Oct. 25, 2013

• Nope- my competitiveness only comes out when playing a sport or game.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:46 AM on Oct. 25, 2013