Are you a heavy sleeper?

Apparently I am. We live near a corner where there was a 3-car accident in the middle of the night. My husb. heard it, & said there was no squealing brakes before impact. I not only slept thru the loud crash, I also slept thru the ambulances & emergency vehicles arriving on scene. Maybe I should put hubby in charge of the gun if anyone breaks in in the middle of the night. They'd rob us blind while I sleep thru it!

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 7:06 AM on Oct. 25, 2013 in Just for Fun

• LOL! That's how my DH is! To wake him up I have picked up his leg & dropped it, poked him all over, pinched his cheeks & more. Only if I yell really loud does he wake. I am the opposite, I never go into a deep sleep. I can tell you when everyone comes & goes in the neighborhood or when one of my kids farts in the middle of the night! LOL. I REALLY need rest though. That is probably why my DH is such a sound sleeper because he has me as a watch dog!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:57 AM on Oct. 25, 2013

• nope, I'm not a heavy sleeper

my son though...UGH
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:28 AM on Oct. 25, 2013

• Oh yeah ... I don't even notice when my hubby gets up or my alarms (I have FOUR) when they go off. I used to but as I have gotten older, I have found that I am sleeping deeper when I finally get to sleep.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:36 AM on Oct. 25, 2013

• No, I'm a light sleeper.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 8:59 AM on Oct. 25, 2013

• Not usually.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:05 AM on Oct. 25, 2013

• most of the time i can hear a pen drop, but there are times when i'm practically comatose. it just depends on the kind of day i've had and how much sleep i got the night before.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:10 AM on Oct. 25, 2013

• Wow, you really were out cold. I'm usually a pretty light sleeper, especially since my daughter has come along.

By the way, I've read that if someone gets into your home at night and you can pull it off, the safest thing to do is pretend you are asleep. You might get robbed, but the burglar will know you can't identify him if you don't open your eyes, and you might avoid a dangerous confrontation. I know not everybody will agree, but personally, I would strongly consider the strategy for myself.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:15 PM on Oct. 25, 2013

• Both my husband and I are very light sleepers. That being said, there are times when we could sleep through anything, if we are tired enough.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 7:07 PM on Oct. 25, 2013

• ^^^Ballad: Well, I guess if hubby didn't hear the burglar, that's what I'd probably have to do. Hell, I'd probably sleep thru it anyway! lol ;p Let's just hope I never have to find out.
    mrsmom110

Comment by mrsmom110 (original poster) at 4:09 PM on Oct. 25, 2013