33 weeks and I'm CONSTANTLY hungry...what can I do about this? It's so obnoxious.

I'm 33 weeks pregnant and feel like I'm starving all the time. I get full and then 20 minutes later I'm ready for a snack.

I've tried the smaller but more frequent meals and it's not helping. I've also tried just stuffing myself senseless and I'm still hungry like an hour later.

I've already gained a little more than I wanted to and I'm afraid that I'm going to get enormous if I'm not careful.

collegexmamix28

Asked by collegexmamix28 at 11:49 AM on Oct. 25, 2013 in Pregnancy

• that's normal. i would keep with the small meals more frequently but make sure you're eating fulfilling foods rich with fiber and protein.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:40 PM on Oct. 25, 2013

• Try drinking a full glass of water before you eat anything. Make sure you are eating protein, it will keep you fuller longer. Try soups, they can be filling but if you choose wisely can have lower calories and fat than many foods. Determine what exactly you are hungry for before you snack. Go for a walk to distract yourself.

Answer by missanc at 12:47 PM on Oct. 25, 2013

• Just choose your foods wisely. Starving yourself won't help because eventually, unless you have superhuman willpower, you'll crack and end up regretting what you eat.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:50 PM on Oct. 25, 2013

• Every time you feel hungry, brush your teeth or drink a glass of water. Keep some raw veg handy for these moments, celery sticks, carrot sticks. Hard-boiled eggs are a good idea too. How about making a HUGE pot of vegetable soup (just veg and stock) so that you can just grab a bowl of it every time you fancy? Just think, you'd be doing yourself a favour at the same time - vitamins, fibre and water!
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 1:04 PM on Oct. 25, 2013

• I used to eat every two to three hours cause I had to gain weight. Small meals are key if your worried about it to much talk to your doctor but its normal. Youll get months you crave and eat all the time others you wont.
    Amber94

Answer by Amber94 at 3:56 PM on Oct. 25, 2013

• When I went through those stages during pregnancy, I ate when I wanted and just upped my exercise. I'd go for long walks plus do a pregnancy work out video. Seemed to even out
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 2:14 PM on Oct. 26, 2013