Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my grandsons father is finally signing birth certificate today after 2yrs. what are his rights now?

the father is showing up today as directed but mother refuses to show up

Answer Question
Bobbie Jo H.

Asked by Bobbie Jo H. at 11:50 AM on Oct. 25, 2013 in General Parenting

Level 1 (2 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • Well,it depends on what the mom allows,and what he's willing to sue for as far as visitation
    Is he signing up for court ordered child support? Has he given the mom any support money yet?

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:11 PM on Oct. 25, 2013

  • do you have custody?
    if you have legal custody or guardianship then until he goes to court and invokes rights, he has none

    Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 1:13 PM on Oct. 25, 2013

  • What does the court order say? If there is no court order, then it's really up to the guardian of the child until such order is issued. Where is he signing the BC? It's got to be somewhere official, so why not ask them?

    Answer by QuinnMae at 1:32 PM on Oct. 25, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.