Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What can i do? nothing! so im coming here to vent

& bitch and piss and moan.

i asked my ex if just this weekend we could switch around the pick up & drop off. the court order states that the person ending their time sharing provides transportation, so in other words its my job to take them to his house and his job to bring them home.

well the thing is he lives in the city and it's a 30 minute drive, and i have to drop them off every other friday at 5 pm. so i feel kind of rushed and it would have been nice to pick them up sunday and spend a couple of hours at a nice park or something down there.

i also told him that it's a happier occasion for both us and the kids if we switch it around. i'd much rather pick them up than have to drop them off. and i think the kids would be happier leaving with the person picking up than having to part with the person dropping off and leaving.

well his response was, "no, let's keep it the way it says to do it."

sigh, ok, but it also says he's not suppose to bring them home til monday morning and he's suppose to get them once a week, but neither of those things have ever happened since the court order went into effect 2 months ago. so it's ok for him to pick and choose which parts are convenient for HIM. and yes ive been recording all of it but there isn't anyhting i can do about it other than call him a dick and suck it up.

i mean, i guess i could be a real bitch and tell him he can't bring them home sunday, that he has to bring them monday like the court order states, but given his abusive past the last thing i want to do is put him in a pissy mood when my kids are with him.

Answer Question

Asked by tnm786 at 12:29 PM on Oct. 25, 2013 in Relationships

Level 43 (159,608 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • hugs


    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:37 PM on Oct. 25, 2013

  • simple frown


    Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 12:40 PM on Oct. 25, 2013

  • Sorry. That really is suckalicious when an ex decides to be a jerk just because he can.

    Answer by Ballad at 12:43 PM on Oct. 25, 2013

  • you could go back to the courts ad ask for a change, explain it that way and see what happens.

    Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 1:09 PM on Oct. 25, 2013

  • That stinks! If he's insisting you stick to the actual agreement, and doesn't stick to it himself, it needs to be adjusted, so everyone has to stick to it. No exceptions. Basically, you feel uncomfortable making him stick to it because of his history, that's not cool. (for you that is)

    Answer by tessiedawg at 1:19 PM on Oct. 25, 2013

  • I remember those days well. Life gets so much easier when the kids get old enough to say what they want and it's taken into consideration. Hugs.

    Answer by Nimue930 at 2:55 PM on Oct. 25, 2013

  • i do plan on filing for a modification but from what i understand i have to wait a considerable amount of time before i can do that. its only been 2 months since it went into effect.

    Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 3:47 PM on Oct. 25, 2013

  • SInce he's not following the order, I suspect you can file a change sooner rather than later. Call on Monday and ask.

    Answer by gdiamante at 1:56 AM on Oct. 26, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.