Does anyone else think this is presumptious and rude?

My neighbor had birthday party for her 7 year old daughter. She invited 50 children (no kidding) and their parents. She had printed out formal invitations and included a gift registry to WalMart and Target. Gifts ranged from $10 to $200.

Maybe I'm not an Orange County Housewife, but isn't this a little presumptious and rude?

mom_2byz

Asked by mom_2byz at 2:57 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• no I don't think gift registries are rude. it lets people know what the person would like or needs.
    Anonymous

• W.T.F.

Rude? Tacky? Impossible? Kooky?

That poor kid - what an ooky mother.

Stay friends with that kid - that girl is going need some normalcy in her life!!!!
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:59 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Um yeap i think so. A registry for a 7's yr old b-day party? Sounds so hollywood! lol
    Anonymous

• Gift registries for a child's birthday are in-f*cking-sane.

PLUS - even if you agree with the idea - TO INCLUDE IT IN THE INVITATION is tacky BEYOND words.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:00 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I think it was rude to include where a child that age is registered.honestly, I would have sent my regrets.Even if I were an "orange co" wife,it's bad manners to tell people where to buy a gift for a childs bday party.God can you imagine how she'll be with bridal, baby showers and her wedding? eek. lol
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 3:00 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I agree registering for a childs b-day party is a bit tacky.
    Anonymous

• Just to be clear, this child is not like the nexy buddah or something right? lol.I can see if this were a special circumstance , like this child has been sick, or thru a live experience that makes this particular bday really special...but other than that the mom is an idiot.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 3:03 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• how is this different from including a registry with a baby shower invite??

Anonymous

• She also had a horse drawn carriage with two white horses, professional photographer, two girls who dressed up as Snow White and Cinderella.

To top it off she also included a gift registry for her son, whose bday was a week later. The party was supposedly for the both of them, but I think it was a way to get more gifts.
    mom_2byz

Answer by mom_2byz at 3:06 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I have heard of adding invites with baby showers and informal bridal showers. Never birthdays or weddings. Although nothing surprises me when I would show up and do adult birthday parties and the birthday person (who is 25-40 usually) had a pin and excepted people to pin money on her.
    Anonymous