Seriously??? What is wrong with letting my 2 year old run around the house (our house) in only a shirt???

Ok so my dd is almost 27 months old. She is doing extremely well witj peeing in the potty (doesn't have the pooping down yet) but I did have a potty chair for her and she wasnt using it (it was just a plain potty chair) so I bought her a potty that makes noises lights up when she flushes and she loves it and started wanting to use it and if it is in the same room as her she will not tell me just go over and go on it. This is day one of no accidents so far. All week has been 1-3 accidents. Well anyway....

I told my grandma how well she was doing, but I guess I made the mistake of telling her the only problem I had was she doesnt want to wear pants or undies only a shirt. (But actually I have had her in pants a few times and she doesn't make it in time if she has them on so I figured (if someone comes over obviously I put her in clothes) why no one is here I would go ahead and let her run around like that for another week or two until she gets the hang of it then go to trying to keep undies then pants on then after that go in public. But my grandma said I am starting her off wrong by letting her run around with nothing on...Seriously??? She said I need to stop letting my kids run me and start being the parent...just because I don't make her where clothes why potty training? I did the same thing with my other 2 and they were potty trained at 19 months and 21 months and they are 8 and 5 now.

But yet she says nothing to my sister that has an almost 5 and a half year old that will not what so ever poop in the potty and goes into another room to poop his pants then yell at my sister that he wants changed now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on Oct. 25, 2013 in General Parenting

• Ah..ignore Grandma...My 2 year old gets undressed herself about 5 or 6 times a day & runs & dances around naked.....she keeps on her socks & slippers on though...LOL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:50 PM on Oct. 25, 2013

• Mine ran around naked while they were potty training. At least yours will put a shirt on.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 5:34 PM on Oct. 25, 2013

• Just set her advice in ignore and follow your instincts. You know what works for you and your family and its really not her call.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:26 PM on Oct. 25, 2013

• Nothing. My 13 year old only wears underwear around the house. It's his home and he has every right to be comfortable in it. like you said if company is coming she outs clothes on. No big deal.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:30 PM on Oct. 25, 2013

• Why are you so outraged?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:31 PM on Oct. 25, 2013

• Oh it's fine... my DD is 9 and still takes most of her clothes off when she poo's she'll just saunter out of the bathroom half naked and I'll be like where are your clothes, oh I got hot... so it normal we are living in a be free time might as well take off your clothes lol

pinkparcel

Answer by pinkparcel at 5:36 PM on Oct. 25, 2013

• Don't worry about what your grandma says, she doesn't have to deal with potty-training your kid, you do.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 5:52 PM on Oct. 25, 2013

• nothing's wrong with it! I don't know anyone that's done it that way, but if it's working for you then more power to you because potty training is like going through hell for me LOL In fact I have never known two people to do it exactly the same. Kids are different and circumstances are different. Do what you gotta do! :)
    CaliBlondeGirl

Answer by CaliBlondeGirl at 6:13 PM on Oct. 25, 2013

• Nothing is wrong with it. It is just other people opinion on it is different. Grandma's opinion is hers.

Answer by louise2 at 5:56 PM on Oct. 25, 2013

• Nothing's wrong with it. Do what works for you.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:19 PM on Oct. 25, 2013