If you found out your boyfriend was a pedophile, what would you do?

My mom's boyfriend would watch me while i slept, I was 12. He took a picture of me in the shower, showed me parts of his body, even sent me dirty texts. Still my mom would deny it and continue the relationship for ten years. She doesn't know why I never talk to her, i can't talk to her. I just don't understand.

unknown3636

Asked by unknown3636 at 7:06 PM on Oct. 25, 2013 in General Parenting

• So sorry hon.
    My mom married a man that was a convicted rapist/child molester,and he came after me. She knew it all,but stayed with him. I don't speak to my mom either
    A NORMAL parent calls the cops and throw that asshole out ASAP!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:09 PM on Oct. 25, 2013

• If I found out my boyfriend was a pediphile and I had proof, Id have to turn that proof over to the proper authorities. I couldn't live with myself f I didn't and some kid got hurt. If I found out my boyfriend had taken a picture of my twelve-year-old in the shower, sent her dirty texts, and showed her his body parts--well, let's just say if I was feeling extremely generous, I might give him three steps toward the door before I threw something heavy and handy at his head.

My mom was abusive, and my dad knew and let it happen. He chose my mom and keeping the family together over my welfare. I don't talk to my parents, either. It's okay that you don't, and perfectly understandable.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:11 PM on Oct. 25, 2013

• How horrible. I think calling the police would be the first thing I would do after I crowned the guy with a cast iron skillet.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 7:13 PM on Oct. 25, 2013

• He'd be begging for the cops to haul is slimy, worthless, waste of flesh off to jail after I was done with him. I'm sorry your mom put you thru that. I hope you got the help necessary to overcome such evil.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:28 PM on Oct. 25, 2013

• I found out some things
    not 100% proof, but bad enough

i did everything i could to expose his actions/intent, called social services- they said they need more proof (assholes)

i left then
    and spent 10s of thousands in court to keep my daughter away from him
    no unsupervised visits
    and i am broke, in bid debt
    but daughter safe from his sick fucking demented thoughts and actions

Anonymous

• I would leave. Protecting my children is more important than a personal relationship.

I'm sorry your mother didn't make your safety a priority. I don't blame you for not talking to her. I think I would feel the same.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:43 PM on Oct. 25, 2013

• Not be involved with him anymore. Hello I have kids.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:46 PM on Oct. 25, 2013

• Shit happens. I had a good friend who's brother raped her repeatedly when she was 5 & 6... her mother caught them one time and blamed her... the 5 year old. Go figure.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:06 PM on Oct. 25, 2013

• I would set him on fire.
    AllyB_

Answer by AllyB_ at 9:50 PM on Oct. 25, 2013

• I went to community college with a girl who was repeatedly raped by her brother, and got pregnant. Her parents kicked HER out. I don't get some parents.
    Anonymous