How do I get my boyfriend to move out?

He's a nice guy, but has no job. This is due to a back injury he's had for several months. He's recently had back surgery to correct it, and has applied for disability (finally after months of me nagging him about it) So for the last few months I have been more of a nurse maid than girlfriend. I've paid for everything, including his cigarettes. He has no car, no money and most likely no where else to go. I did not want someone I had to constantly take care of. It's like having a third child! I told him last night I wanted him gone and he slept on the couch. Today ought to be interesting. I already know I'm in for a day of pleading and emotional tears from him. He says he loves me, but I'm just not feeling it anymore. He doesnt help around the house either. If the cats knock something off the table, he leaves it for me to "see". In other words, for me to clean up... How do I get this guy out if he doesn't want to leave? Help!

Robinbird12212

Asked by Robinbird12212 at 8:00 AM on Oct. 26, 2013 in Relationships

• So you want to break up with him? Tell him that. Just inform him to get out. ASAP. He has to know some one he can stay with?

Answer by louise2 at 8:03 AM on Oct. 26, 2013

• I'm a bit of a wimp. I feel bad that he has just had back surgery a week ago and all his family lives 2 hrs away. I told him last night that I just "wasnt feeling it" anymore. I realize that I moved too fast when he got evicted from his apartment, and felt bad then that he had nowhere to go. He isnt a social person and has no friends locally. I feel guilty that he has nothing. But he's making me nuts. I would rather be at work than home with him. He's not a violent person, but can get perturbed easily at things. My issue is, when he starts in with the emotional guilt trip, trying to make me feel bad, what do I do?
    Robinbird12212

Comment by Robinbird12212 (original poster) at 8:11 AM on Oct. 26, 2013

• Same you would any stray - stop feeding it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:11 AM on Oct. 26, 2013

• Just suck it up, tell him it's over and he needs to pack his things and go. Simple as that. If he can't/won't pack, pack his things for them and put them outside. It's his problem to figure out where to go, how to get there, etc.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:25 AM on Oct. 26, 2013

• Time to put on the big girl panties & give him the deadline to get out. Like wendy said, help him pack if you have to. Tell him to save the guilt trip for his family- afterall they're 2 hrs. away. Give him money for the bus trip there if you have to.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:48 AM on Oct. 26, 2013

• Is he on the lease?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:00 AM on Oct. 26, 2013

• He is not on the lease! He is however, on the bank account. I'll be headed to the bank shortly to rectify that. He's already been giving me the guilt trip about how he has nothing and no where to go... I made sure to say how that was my fault and how am I supposed to fix that? Why should I fix it, it's not my problem. I also told him I would help him move and make sure he gets back up to where his family is. I did tell him he needed to have a plan by tomorrow, at the latest. I made sure to push the point that my kids wont even come visit when he's around. He's currently sat at the computer playing video games....
    Robinbird12212

Comment by Robinbird12212 (original poster) at 9:28 AM on Oct. 26, 2013

• Time to take a drive to his families house and drop him off their.

Answer by louise2 at 9:29 AM on Oct. 26, 2013

• You may have to actually give him an "eviction" notice

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:36 AM on Oct. 26, 2013

• Be prepared to call the police to get him out. But also be warned: If he's not on the lease the management might kick BOTH of you out.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:25 AM on Oct. 26, 2013