• In the Spotlight:

Will not God Bless us so much more if we wait to have sex after marriage vows.

I was having a discussion with a friend and he thought I was maybe being self-centered in thinking that God would Bless Me more if I waited until I was married. It stopped and made me think. Am I being self-centered on this or is there scripture that backs this up. I have been through sexual healing and think I saw this true, but am questioning it.

DSanborn

Asked by DSanborn at 9:30 AM on Oct. 26, 2013 in Relationships

• Congratulations on learning to value yourself. That's huge. If part of how you express self-value is waiting to have sex till you are married, then by all means, stick to it. Your reward will be found inside of you.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:15 PM on Oct. 26, 2013

• So,what's the thought process? If you have premarital sex,he'll smite you,or will be neutral about you,and if you wait,he'll heap blessings on you?
    I think you need to study why girls were taught to wait until marriage.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:35 AM on Oct. 26, 2013

• Plain and simple, it doesn't matter what your reasons are. Religious or personal. You have chosen to wait and any man worthy of you will respect you and your decision.

However, one piece of advice ... don't let religion get in the way of following/listening to your heart. Remember the old saying ... God brings them into your life for a reason.

One more thing ... There was a flood and a man on a roof asked God to save him. He turned away a rescue boat ... God will save me. He turned down a second one and third one ... God will save me. He turned away a helicopter ... God will save me. The waters rose, the man died. When he met God he asked ... why didn't you help me?

God said ... I sent three boats and a helicopter!! What more did you want??
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:07 AM on Oct. 26, 2013

• No one can tell you if God will bless you more. There are no modern-day prophets and Jesus hasn't come back yet.

HOWEVER: If you want to wait till marriage you don't have to give ANY reason. No means no, and if a man cannot accept that, DO NOT MARRY HIM. DO NOT SEE HIM AGAIN. Cross him off your social calendar.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:20 AM on Oct. 26, 2013

• If you strongly feel that God wants you to wait, then I'd say it is for a reason, and I'd honor His request. There are a million reasons why this could be the best path for you and my feeling is you'll have the most peace in your heart if you follow it.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 12:09 PM on Oct. 26, 2013

• here is an interesting read for you.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Oct. 26, 2013

• You are NOT being selfish. You are actually being selfless. You are postponing the pleasure of sex until you are married. The link in the second post is full of Bible scripture that show that you are doing the right thing.

Be strong and don't let your friend tempt you and lead you astray.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 10:03 AM on Oct. 26, 2013

• Do what you "feel"is right for you. Your body, your choice. Is he trying to guilt you in to having sex with him? That's what I think. Have respect for yourself & others will too. If you want to wait until you are married then wait. God will love you no matter what.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:18 AM on Oct. 26, 2013

• Thank you so much ladies. We all know Satan wants to work in area of any weakness. I have come from a background of child sexual abuse and God has so delivered and restored me so much this year and it is my desire to honor God for forgiving me and restoring me for oh so much this past year. Sexual activity has led to so much disappointment over my many years of life and God has instilled in me that should HE grant me another relationship that I will be obedient to HIS Word and save myself for a convenant relationship. I suspect that this will one day become an area of temptation but I know that through Christ I can get through this. I have learned to value myself for the first time in my life. I figure that if a man cannot appreciate where I have been and honor God with me on this decision than he might not be the man God intended for me. Once again...thank you Christian ladies who can see where I am coming from.
    DSanborn

Comment by DSanborn (original poster) at 10:26 AM on Oct. 26, 2013

• SpiritedWitch

I am familiar with that story. As for religion..that is not what I seek. But I am trusting God to place a man in my path that is of His will. I truly believe in waiting for his Timing after all he has brought me through. Patience is a struggle...but I think i share that with many..lol
    DSanborn

Comment by DSanborn (original poster) at 2:36 PM on Oct. 26, 2013