Should your significant other stay dressed up after work?

I have heard that men who have a white-collar profession see women everyday that look their best but often times come home to their significant others who are in lounge clothes with no makeup and hair not done. They have said that they would love it if their significant others would look nice for them when they come home, but wouldn't it be fair if they stayed dressed for the evening instead of going and getting themselves into their own lounge clothes? I understand that there are men and woman that already do this but I am talking about the ones who don't.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• My husband and I both work. I get home before he does and put on some jeans and a t-shirt so I can get out of my dress clothes. He sees me dressed up on weekends and I still have my makeup on all the time. But he thinks I am hot no matter what I wear so it doesn't matter to me. I don't care what he wears, he is still my husband and I love him.
    Anonymous

• I try to stay in my work attire until hubby gets home....I think he would get tired of seeing me in my "kick arounds" all the time. I like to see him in his work clothes too so...I would want him to stay in his for a few moments before he changed.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:06 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• First let me say that I have a very casual job I wear a swim suit, shorts and a tee.Even in the winter I work for a health club and I am in door life guard.
    Oh my husband wants me to look good wear some clothing that accentuate my best features. I am like what? Looks are so important to him. Duh, to me not so much.
    When he comes home he takes his very nice white shirt and tie off and puts on baggy pants and a casual shirt. I am like what ever I just am not turn on or off by clothes.
    I tried for a while but I just stopped. It was making me crazy. I told him do you want me to spend more money on clothing? He was like no-- so he either got over it or forgot. lol. I do make my self prettier when we go out.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 3:08 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I stay in what i wear to work till bed time.. My hubby is a forklift tech and hez super dirty when he gets home, he takes a shower and changes into what we are doing, like jeans or night pants if arnt going anywhere... He doesnt see what i look like before i go to work cause he leaves early, so i like to look nice for him...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 3:28 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I am a stay at home mom & with 8 children, I don't get into "office attire" but I do try to look put together when my husband comes home. He is a carpenter but as the foreman has to deal with realtor, owners & other business men in the community. At the end of the day, he needs reassurance as to what it was all for !
    danielle808

Answer by danielle808 at 3:33 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• WTF?

If I am clean and have a stain-free shirt on, I am doing good. And that is at work too!

Dressing up for DH? WTF? We both WOH and come home and get into our casual garb. Holy crow I've got more stuff to worry about than that! Maybe I'm just lucky that he sees below the surface and finds me cute even if my shirt IS on backwards. And he is a doll whether in sweats or jeans (his work clothes).
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:41 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I'm the one who leaves the home to work, so when I get home he sees me in my "office clothes" but not for long. I change as soon as I get home! And after I stayed at home with the kids for a year, I know it's not reasonable for me to expect him to be dressed to impress when I get home. As long as he's not sittingaround in his boxers, I'm good!
    Anonymous

• my hubby used to love seeing me in my suits... some kind of fantasy or something, lol. But we dont dress up for eachother unless we are going on a date.
    LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 12:30 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• It's not the same thing. Looking nice at home doesn't mean you have get dressed like you are going out, just to stay home. You can actually look quite sexy in some lounge wear. I think when men refer to this they simply mean don't look like you just woke up or look like you are ready to go paint the front step by the looks of your outfit! Trust me, I love my sweats with the holes and t-shirts with the bleach stains, but when my SO is here I break out the decent sweats and tee's so I don't look like a total nutcase.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 12:43 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I think thats kind of dumb, you think if he would want you to 'look nice' when he got home, he'd want you to be naked! My boyfriend always says I look sexy in anything I wear, and don't. =P
    If your boyfriends wants you to look nice when he gets home, maybe he should stop fantisizing about other women first. :)
    CandieGirl09

Answer by CandieGirl09 at 5:18 PM on Feb. 20, 2009