Tightness and pressure while walking

I'm 8 months pregnant with my second baby and my doctor has given me the okay to exercise while pregnant. I typically just walk and use the elliptical but with the extra weight it's been harder to do the elliptical so I've stuck to walking.

I've noticed for the last week that when I go walking (even if it's just for 5-10 minutes) my stomach will get super tight and I'll get a lot of pressure and a weird tingling sensation. The more I walk, the more intense the pressure and tightness.

I remember this with my first son but it didn't start until much later...like around 38-39 weeks...right before I had him. So, is this normal or should I be calling my doc?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:41 PM on Oct. 26, 2013 in Pregnancy

• For me, that was normal. My doctor said my muscles and ligaments weren't as tight to hold the baby up so there was more weight on the pelvic floor... It got dang uncomfortable at times!!!!
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 8:14 PM on Oct. 26, 2013

• It could be normal, but it wouldn't hurt to call and ask the doc. Better safe than sorry.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:34 AM on Oct. 27, 2013

• Can be normal, but check with your doctor.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:11 PM on Oct. 28, 2013