A baby picture book about creepy crawlies.... Is it just me or was this ridiculous?

There's no words, just pictures.

The picture of the spider was a black widow! I had just finished explaining this to my 3 year old last week, if you ever see a spider with red on it's back FIND AN ADULT.

This picture the spider is smiling and has a red violin on it's back....

Come on! You pick the most poisonous spider there is for a kids book!?

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 12:46 AM on Oct. 27, 2013 in General Parenting

• That's kind of nuts. It's like theDora the Explorer episode that features rattlesnakes, and Dora and Boots are able to make them freeze by telling them to "stop" in Spanish. Seriously?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:58 AM on Oct. 27, 2013

• that's pretty crazy....they'll figure it out eventually when nobody buys it.... :/ Did it seem like a seasonal/holiday item for Halloween?
    CaliBlondeGirl

Answer by CaliBlondeGirl at 1:24 AM on Oct. 27, 2013

• LOL! My kids have books like that. They love bugs though. Actually I taught them to come & get me to see the bug or if it is approaching them on the floor to blow really hard on it to make it run away! Works well for spiders. Latley we've had monster looking ones....Eww. We also have a pet spider in my bathroom. He's older than my Daughter! I clean around him. :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:57 AM on Oct. 27, 2013