help how to break my DD from the paci

she is 16 months old she just doesnt need it anymore i feel like a bad mom because i just took it away she is fine till you lay her down for a nap then she just screams and screams.
Should i give in or just let her cry herself to sleep? How long should i let her cry? SHe will just go right to sleep with her paci i know she will but at what point do you just take the paci.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son LOVED his pacifier. Cut a hole in the bottom of it. Not any fun any more.
    Anonymous

• Yea i also cut the end off the nukki alittle bit at first that didnt faze him then alittle more n then he didnt like that. Every time he would ask for it i would give it to him (cause i knew he didnt like it cut) he would stick it in his mouth suck on it alittle then give it back to me. I couldnt believe how easy it was after a couple times he just quit asking. If i would have known it would have been that easy i would have did it sooner! lol i think he was like 20 mths. On the other hand we tried this with my little sister and she didnt care if it was cut off. But its definetly worth the try!! Good luck!!!!
    mommyofone15

Answer by mommyofone15 at 3:20 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• me personally its the same with a bottle when my son was ten months i stoped letting him go to bed with a bottle. i just let him cry his self to sleep and to this day he still cryes his self to sleep
    tracy210

Answer by tracy210 at 4:10 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Take it and don't give it back. My oldest was 13 months. The third day...went to sleep with no problems.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:43 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Wow..... my son is a little over 2 and the pacifier is the only thing that has ever soothed him. I nursed him for a long time so I think its just the comfort of having the pacifier to suck on. When I do decide to work him off of it, I will just take it away from him during the day and only allow him to have it at nap time and bed time. Then eventually I will work him off of it completly. His dentist recommends him be off of it no later then four because thats when he will start to get his adult teeth but I will for sure have him off of it by 3 since I have waited so long to do this. Good luck!
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 6:32 PM on Feb. 19, 2009