ttc after weaning

Hello wonderful mommas, I have been ttc since I weaned my son on the 31st of Audust, 2013. My first period after birth was in August, the second came after 36 days( for Sept) and I just saw my period today after 42 days. I knew I wassnt preggy because I didn't see the mucus thing to show I ovulated. I am so worried because I need another baby. Any clue as to wat may be the problem?

Sweetjoy82

Asked by Sweetjoy82 at 7:46 AM on Oct. 27, 2013 in Trying to Conceive

• You *need* another baby?

If you got your period then it is more than likely that you ovulated, whether or not you had any other signs of ovulations - our bodies are constantly changing.

You're aware that, on average, it takes 6-8 months to get pregnant? So why worry so soon? Why not head for http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ to learn how to chart your cycle and see whether or not and, if so, when you're ovulating to maxmize youir chances?

goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 8:59 AM on Oct. 27, 2013

• Yeah I know what the problem is....hormones. They need time to reset themselves. Just because you weaned the baby, does not mean your milk supply turns off just like that. it takes a few months for your body to stop milk production. You also may want to talk to a therapist about your "need" to have another baby so soon.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:08 AM on Oct. 27, 2013

• How old is your first child? What kind of birth control were you using before you began to 'try'? How long did it take you to get pg with the first baby? Why does one *need* a baby real quick and in a hurry?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:23 AM on Oct. 27, 2013

• on a side note weaning as nothing to do with pregnancy in most women. Most women still get their periods and are very fertile while breast feeding. Some breastfeed through out a pregnancy and tandem feed after the second baby is born. Just sayin'
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Oct. 27, 2013

• The key word is MOST anon. Not every woman can carry to term while breastfeeding and the conflicting hormones causes a miscarriage. Do you know which one the OP is? Just sayin' Maybe we should just agree that she should consult her doctor about her health issues.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Oct. 27, 2013

• You don't NEED another baby. What you NEED is some spell check.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:33 PM on Oct. 27, 2013

• HM! NEED! Never hear of that before!

Answer by louise2 at 1:04 PM on Oct. 27, 2013

• Be patient. Good luck. It may take a little while for your cycles to get regular again now that you've finished nursing.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:46 PM on Oct. 27, 2013

• THere isn't a problem, sweet. Your body is not ready to carry another pregnancy yet. When it is, the pregnancy will happen.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:04 PM on Oct. 27, 2013

• If it's meant to be it'll happen
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 2:08 PM on Nov. 5, 2013