Pork roast help!

I've never cooked a pork roast. I found a recipe that calls for sliced apples, apple juice and Dijon mustard. I don't have the juice but I do have packets of apple cider. Will that work?

How do you cook pork roasts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Oct. 27, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I'm sorry, but this made me laugh!

You say you have a recipe, then ask how to cook it.
    First, don't over think it, second, follow the recipe. Apple cider will work just fine.
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 10:08 AM on Oct. 27, 2013

• I swiped this from Allrecipies, but this is how I do it. Don't stress about the spices, you can use what you like as long as you have something on there. :)
    1 boneless pork loin roast, about 3 to 4 pounds
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    1 teaspoon onion powder
    1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
    4 to 6 medium potatoes
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    1 teaspoon thyme
    1 to 2 teaspoon freeze-dried or fresh chives
    1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
    salt and pepper, to taste

cooking directions (con't)
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 10:15 AM on Oct. 27, 2013

• Rub pork loin with 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 1/2 teaspoons thyme, then sprinkle with salt and pepper; place pork loin in a shallow roasting pan. Roast at 325° for 50 to 55 minutes.
    Meanwhile, peel and quarter potatoes; cook in boiling water for about 10 minutes. Drain, let cool, and place potatoes in a large bowl; toss with olive oil, 1 teaspoon dried thyme, chives, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Place potatoes around pork loin; roast an additional 45 to 60 minutes, or until pork registers at least 155° on a thermometer.
    tessiedawg

• i just throw mine in a crockpot with some carrots, potatoes, onions, broth, and whatever seasonings i like.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:34 AM on Oct. 27, 2013

• I just throw it in water, put some boullion in there along with carrots- onion pepper and potatoes
    easy peasy
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:37 AM on Oct. 27, 2013

• Sure. Use the cider.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:18 AM on Oct. 27, 2013

• Lately I have favored a sweet glaze made of whole cranberries plus the zest & juice of an orange or two. But I also just roast it with some salt & pepper rubbed on it (in a roasting pan with a rack, and maybe some cut up onions tossed with olive oil and salt & pepper, then scattered in the bottom of the pan.)

It's been a long time since I made roast pork.

I think it's fine to substitute apple cider for apple juice. But what are packets of apple cider? Do you mean packets of seasoning (mulling spices? or dehydrated cider & spices to add to water) to make hot apple cider, or something?
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 12:13 PM on Oct. 27, 2013

• I put all my roasts in the crockpot. Onions, garlic, seasoning. Water.

Answer by louise2 at 12:28 PM on Oct. 27, 2013

• I cook them in the crockpot, too. Pretty hard to mess that up.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:32 PM on Oct. 27, 2013

• Crockpot!!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:14 PM on Oct. 27, 2013