Sippy cup suggestions for an 11 month old?

My little one isn't drinking anything other than breastmilk and the one sippy cup I bought for her has not been used. It has a safety attachment inside that requires sucking pretty hard to get anything out of it and it just frustrates her.

She's never had a bottle either. I give her sips out of my cups but it's pretty messy...

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 4:53 PM on Oct. 27, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• straw cup

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:55 PM on Oct. 27, 2013

• Lots of them have straws nowadays, maybe try one of them?
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 4:55 PM on Oct. 27, 2013

• take out the valve and let her go for it that way. You could also consider a sup with a straw. My kids both had issues with the cups with valves. Once we took it out they were using a cup great within a couple of weeks and using a small regular cup with in a few months.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:56 PM on Oct. 27, 2013

• When I take the valve out she chokes. Wish my boobs had a water option. (Jk I know breastmilk is mostly water and ok but heck she is almost a year OMG)
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 5:24 PM on Oct. 27, 2013

• http://mobile.walmart.com/m/phoenix;jsessionid=71ECBF31463E72D37436A858091DC2D3#ip/9870503

My DD uses these. It says it has a built in valve, but it's not really a valve per say. I'm not sure if I can explain it well, but they are my favorites.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 5:43 PM on Oct. 27, 2013

• Mine aren't the ones that change colors though.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 5:44 PM on Oct. 27, 2013

• My grandson uses one that has a valve meant for a two year old. That way it doesn't runout and choke him, but he doesn't have to suck as hard as the ones that say they are designed for 12 moths,etc. Maybe try that.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 5:59 PM on Oct. 27, 2013

• When I take the valve out she chokes.

Not being mean, but let her choke a little bit. She won't drown but she will eventually learn how to control the flow by how she tips it. Only put a tiny bit in the cup, like an ounce . Try using a bit of expressed breast milk instead of water.
    Anonymous

• Straw cups are your best friend.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:09 PM on Oct. 27, 2013

• http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nuby-No-Spill-Easy-Grip-Cup-10-oz/20976689

I got Tori some of these from Sam's Club. She LOVES them!

hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 10:55 PM on Oct. 27, 2013