Has anyones infant/child had roseola virus?

They think my son has roseola virus, just wondering what the syptoms of anyone elses child that has had this before and how long it lasted.
They tested him for rotovirus and he was neg.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes she had a rash on her back and chest for like a week and then it went away there is nothing they can do about it it just has to run its course. she had a high fever for two days and then the rash
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 3:13 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I think my dd did. If' I'm thinking of the same thing. Basically she broke out in a rash with a high fever. Her cheeks were really red and the rash was on her arms and trunk of her body. The doctor's told me the majority of kids get it and it's normal. Still to this day, when she gets sick with a virus, she breaks out in a rash.
    Samanthasmom210

Answer by Samanthasmom210 at 3:14 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• My son had it. He had a high fever for a few days. We took him to the ER twice because nobody could figure out what it was, and then a few days later he broke out in the rash.

Answer by Bmat at 3:26 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Yup - its usually just a high fever with no other symptoms followed by a rash. Some babies just get a little rash (in fact...some parents don't even know their baby had roseola because the rash is so minor) and other babies get it bad all over their body. Most babies get it on the trunk of their body. There is nothing you can do about it, it just has to run its course. It is a very common childhood illness. The doctor told me it was not contagious to babies under 6 mo. or over 2/3 years...I don't really know why. Hope that helps.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:03 PM on Feb. 19, 2009