how do i get my six year old daughter to stop whining about everything

she whining about everything and anything i am so tried of it no matter what it is even to ask something or anything that gos wrong she starts to cry

nuthousemom143

Asked by nuthousemom143 at 10:11 PM on Oct. 27, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Stop responding to it
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:18 PM on Oct. 27, 2013

• Send her to her room when she whines.. shut the door. Tell her you'll only respond to her when she can talk like a big girl.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 10:22 PM on Oct. 27, 2013

• Require the big girl voice to communicate. That is all.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 10:29 PM on Oct. 27, 2013

• Ignore.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:31 PM on Oct. 27, 2013

• Ignore it.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:32 PM on Oct. 27, 2013

• No don't ignore but simply start saying this exactly. I'm sorry mommy doesn't understand what your saying when you speak to me in that voice, can you please use normal voices. Then calmly wait for her to say what she needs or wants. If she continues to cry/whine repeat the sentence, be reasonable the first few times you use it it's hard to go from whiny voice to a normal one. The point is she will want you to understand her it's a human instinct. I'm telling you it works wonders...good luck

pinkparcel

Answer by pinkparcel at 10:37 PM on Oct. 27, 2013

• Set a good example
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:56 PM on Oct. 27, 2013

• I made up a silly "no whining" song that stops my daughter every time and often gets her laughing instead.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:05 PM on Oct. 27, 2013

• I just tell her I don't respond to whining, that she needs to find a better way of talking. Then I stop responding to it.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:12 PM on Oct. 27, 2013

• I used to tell the kids either talk or sing but don't try to do both at once....

If she keeps doing it, with a whiney voice respond and tell her ..... "This is how you sound" - then ignore what she is whining about.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 11:21 PM on Oct. 27, 2013