Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What can be done if the mother is refusing to do the DNA test & is hiding?

My now husband was engaged to a woman named Brandi & they were expecting a child, she ended up breaking it off with him & he said that he still wanted to be in the child's life. Ever since they broke up she has changed her number, blocked all communication with him & is now denying that he is the child's father. He has gone to Child Support to get her served DNA test & they all been returned, nobody can seem to locate her. She lives with her parents, who one works for the government/social services & we feel like her parents are hiding her from him. We have tried writing the parent saying he wants to be in the child's life, but all they seem to do is accuse us of stalking and harassing them when we are just trying to locate their daughter, any advice on what to do??

Answer Question
Kelly B.

Asked by Kelly B. at 3:28 AM on Oct. 28, 2013 in General Parenting

Level 1 (2 Credits)
Answers (10)
  • What does his lawyer or the authorities suggest? That who should be consulting him.

    Answer by Crafty26 at 6:02 AM on Oct. 28, 2013

  • *that's

    Answer by Crafty26 at 6:02 AM on Oct. 28, 2013

  • Talk to a lawyer.

    Answer by louise2 at 7:15 AM on Oct. 28, 2013

  • You need a lawyer. Writing and calling them repeatedly IS harassing them, really. They are not the child's mother, and even though you think they're hiding her, you don't know that. And even if they DO know where she is, she's the one making the decisions, not them - if she's doing this to your husband, I'm sure she's threatening them with not seeing their grandchild if they rat her out, assuming they even know where she is.

    Get a lawyer. The lawyer will know exactly what to do here, including getting a subpoena to force them to tell a judge where she is, if that's possible.

    Answer by wendythewriter at 7:25 AM on Oct. 28, 2013

  • Let your attorney handle it.

    Answer by QuinnMae at 9:20 AM on Oct. 28, 2013

  • A lawyer has to handle this, sorry.

    Answer by gdiamante at 9:31 AM on Oct. 28, 2013

  • Many lawyers offer free or low-cost consultations to hear the details of your situation and give you an idea of what can be done.

    Answer by Ballad at 11:46 AM on Oct. 28, 2013

  • You are harassing them if you are calling all the time and they have asked you to stop regardless of your reason it is still harassment according to the law. He needs to contact a lawyer because the lawyer can get them subpeaonad in court to tell where she is.

    Answer by aeneva at 12:30 PM on Oct. 28, 2013

  • Get a lawyer and go to court.

    Answer by Dardenella at 1:33 PM on Oct. 28, 2013

  • My husband has only contacted the parents once thru FB & we have never contacted them thru phone, we have hired a PI & they located Brandi living with her parents so we then tried serving the daughter a DNA test & the parents denied she lived there so we know the parents are knowingly hiding her. I dont think its right, my husband is not violent or abusive the only reason the mother is doing his is because she is upset they didnt work out. I guess i will try and contact a lawyer in town.
    Kelly B.

    Comment by Kelly B. (original poster) at 6:26 PM on Oct. 28, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.