Do you think this is weird?

I have a guy friend that I only talk to online. He lives in a different state than me and we met each other thru myspace. We talk here and there but we are both married and have kids. Plus our SO's know we chat. We never talk about sexual things or about meeting up with each other. My family thinks it weird that we chat and they say its inappropriate. Well my DH doesnt have a problem with it but he doesnt like that the other guy calls me sweetie and signs his emails with xoxoxoxo. Is that weird that he does that or is my DH just paranoid?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• It is strange that he does that and it's also inappropriate. I don't blame your husband for not liking it. If some girl was saying that to my husband there would be a huge problem.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 3:15 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• The XOXOXO and sweetie,
    I agree with your SO
    I read some where once when a person puts hearts or XoXo's in your case
    near their name they are thinking of love...who knows...
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 3:16 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Thanks ladies for your input. I just wanted to see if maybe he was overreacting or I was not seeing something. It always helps to get another perons perspective that is not in the relationship.
    Anonymous

• If the man were gay, I could understand. But pet names like sweetie and xoxo (hugs and kisses) are beyond inappropriate in this case. I would stop all communication with this guy!
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 3:20 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• your man is just being over protetive he is afaired of loseing you
    tracy210

Answer by tracy210 at 3:42 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Put yourself in your husbands place..... Would you like it if he were talking to another woman? I think it's a respect issue... You must not have a lot of respect for him and really don't care about his feelings and the fact that HE'S YOUR HUSBAND..... HELLO!!
    Anonymous

• I use to have a friend like that. He lived in Maine and I live in Indiana, we talked everyday but I also didn't have a boyfriend/husband. I could see why your husband wouldn't like it. I know i'd be pissed if my fiance was doing that.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 3:59 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I'd be ticked if my DF was doing that.. .oh wait. . he did & then cheated on me.
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 4:23 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Well, I'd be mad if my man had a online friend who called him sweetie and wrote xoxoxo so I can't blame your husband for not liking that. That's crossing the line between "just friends" and intimacy. Just barely crossing it, but it is.
    Anonymous

• xoxoxoxo means hugs and kisses or something like that....I would flip out if my DH got any messages from someone signed with xoxo's ....Very innapropriate IMO
    Anonymous