How would you handle this?

my husband puts up what seems to be roadblocks for me. maybe it just seems to be what I think - I don't know. anyway, in the past he I always told him about my replies I got for my job in the email and he'd suddenly put restrictions on it. for example :

last night I got a reply from a woman who lived in another town for cleaning, I asked my husband if I should reply back, he says "as long as you can do it on weekends because then I could drive you there." so I replied to her and she said that it was fine and the price was fine too. he wanted me to reply back to make sure she understood and how many hours it'd be.

usually, I don't do this by email. I meet the person first and we go from there but now i'm sounding like NOT myself. I have screwed up in the past by following my husband's replies and a lot of people wouldn't respond back. By the time I figured out that i'm getting more replies and jobs just by doing it myself, I never asked him again.

so now I screwed up again. I hate myself. she didn't reply back and i'm thinking I may have lost her interest. i'm thinking of replying back to her and saying "well, just schedule me in for whenever but i'd like to meet you on the weekend sometime"

it didn't help that my husband said he didn't want me driving there alone "because he knows how I drive" yep...he's perfect.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on Oct. 28, 2013 in Money & Work

• Ahh controlling he is, get out you must.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 8:36 AM on Oct. 28, 2013

• are you the same one who recently took a cleaning job against his wishes?
    *sounds about the same

if so, I think he is controlling and NOT helping you at all with finding some work
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:40 AM on Oct. 28, 2013

• @charlot - yes and its going very well right now. :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:47 AM on Oct. 28, 2013

• Why is your DH stoping you from working ?

Answer by louise2 at 8:56 AM on Oct. 28, 2013

• what has he said about the job you took?
    has he given you a hard time about it?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:58 AM on Oct. 28, 2013

• @ charlot. he hasn't given me a hard time about it, he just kind of accepted it I guess. he has even found me a better route to get there lol. *sigh* its funny the way things work out.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:03 AM on Oct. 28, 2013

• @louise. he's controlling that way. he thinks I can not drive a far distance.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:05 AM on Oct. 28, 2013

• He's a prick and why are you asking him these questions?
    You are an adult, Aren't you?
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 9:26 AM on Oct. 28, 2013

• How would I handle it?

I'd quit asking him for advice!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 9:27 AM on Oct. 28, 2013

• wierd that he's okay with the job you took against what he told you, but now seems to be trying to ruin any others...

I'd just do things the way you have in the past and tell him that emailing is costing you jobs...

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:52 AM on Oct. 28, 2013