Touching pregnant ladies' tummies now illegal in Pennsylvania

http://now.msn.com/pennsylvania-touching-pregnant-bellies-illegal/

Should the other 49 do the same?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 8:50 AM on Oct. 28, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• What can you do. Call the police?

Answer by louise2 at 9:04 AM on Oct. 28, 2013

• "What can you do. Call the police?"

Obviously the point is that now women can do SOMETHING. And honestly I think that's a good thing.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:11 AM on Oct. 28, 2013

• I hated random people coming up and touching my belly. Like my pregnancy was the world's to mess with. Fuck that shit. I was NOT nice about it when they did that. I think it is sad they had to make a law for it, but it is a good thing.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:23 AM on Oct. 28, 2013

• I don't think that you should touch unless you ask the woman :)
    JennaBea

Answer by JennaBea at 9:26 AM on Oct. 28, 2013

• Okay then^^

It is sad that there is a law but it's necessary to keep these weirdos hands to themselves.
    My belly, don't touch!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 9:32 AM on Oct. 28, 2013

• I can say I have never, ever had the urge to touch someone's belly. I don't think anyone did that to me.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:48 AM on Oct. 28, 2013

• I think that it's sad that a law like this was necessary because people don't have the common decency to realize that you don't paw at other people without their permission whether they are pregnant or not.
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 10:00 AM on Oct. 28, 2013

• makes sense. you wouldn't go up to someone who isn't pregnant and start touching their belly without getting slapped in the face and a harassment charge. personal fucking space!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:00 AM on Oct. 28, 2013

• I should add that, if anyone had touched mine when I was pregnant I'd probably have swiped them just out of sheer reflex. Hey, maybe THAT'S what the law is designed to do - protect pregnant women who punch the person who touched them because it would have been in self defence!
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 10:01 AM on Oct. 28, 2013

• I hated the fact that when I was pregnant, it seemed my belly was public property for anyone to touch. I spit a big bite of an Arby's roast beef sandwich all over an old lady who homed in on my big tummy like a guided missile and took me by surprise. It was pure reflex. But the idea of making a law against something that's irritating but harmless, and something that should be obvious to anyone, seems silly. When are people and politicians going to figure out that legislating common sense won't put it in the thick heads of their fellow members of society?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:54 AM on Oct. 28, 2013