How worried should I be?

My DD is 5 years old, almost 6. I got a gingerbread man that she cut out and decorated at school. Well here is her exact words on what his story was "He was sleeping and somebody came up and almost killed him". That is what she said word for word. How worried should I be? Could it just be stemming from a fear of hers. I am going crazy worrying about it some one help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Maybe she's caught previews or glimpses of tv shows she shouldn't have.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• It is very possible she heard that from school, my dd age 4 1/2 comes home and says
    things that I know she never heard from our house.
    Ask him who told him that, try to calmly talk to her about it.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 3:21 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Sounds just like my boy... He always says crap like that.. An we dont talk like that at all..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 3:23 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I would not worry to much about it. If you would like to know were she heard it you could talk to her about it. try not to get angry just listen and let her lead the conversation.

Sometimes kids hear things and then repeat them without really understanding what they are saying.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 3:54 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• It just scares me. She used to make threats to her cousin that she was going to throw her in ther river and kill her
    Anonymous

• maybe they just told the gingerbread story about all the people that were chasing the gingerbread man wanting too eathim?
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 11:39 PM on Feb. 19, 2009