my son was bullied in school and now has anger issues

how can I help him?

mommy6940

Asked by mommy6940 at 9:06 AM on Oct. 28, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• has he had any counseling for this?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:08 AM on Oct. 28, 2013

• Enroll him in martial arts.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:09 AM on Oct. 28, 2013

• Let him beat his bullies, he will feel better.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 9:10 AM on Oct. 28, 2013

• He is now 16. Can I get some direction from moms who have had similar situations. My son has talked to school counselors in grade school. He now has anger issues because of this. Would a psychologist help and spiritual counseling help? Can moms with experience in helping their sons give me some advice about where to start? Thank you
    mommy6940

Comment by mommy6940 (original poster) at 9:26 AM on Oct. 28, 2013

• Call the School Counselor & they can help him & the situation.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:49 AM on Oct. 28, 2013

• ^^^I meant again.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:23 AM on Oct. 28, 2013

• How are the anger issues interfering in things? What areas are problems for him? Are you saying that he reacts angrily to you at home, or is he having difficulties at school, or what?
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 10:46 AM on Oct. 28, 2013

• It would help us help you if we had a few more details. How long ago was the bullying? What was done about it? What do you mean by anger issues? Is your son acting out, or what? I'd start with the school counselor, but it also wouldn't hurt for your son to have a positive male mentor in his life. A coach, a clergyman, a relative, anyone he might be inclined to confide in.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:28 AM on Oct. 28, 2013

• If he has anger issues he needs counseling.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:20 PM on Oct. 28, 2013

• i feel you are leaving something out. he has anger issues from the bullying that happened in grade school or he has anger issues b/c of the counseling he received in grade school b/c he was bullied? either way, is he still being bullied? or has he become a bully b/c he was bullied? there are bound to be other things that are leading to his anger issues if the bulling has not continued.

regardless, counseling is in order, you just have to find someone that specializes in anger issues.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:30 PM on Oct. 28, 2013