How can I get someone to adopt my family for christmas help?

i live in portland or and i am a single mom with no help so if any one has any ideas please let me know thank you and god bless

Mari B.

Asked by Mari B. at 11:07 AM on Oct. 28, 2013 in General Parenting

• Call 211 or the Salvation Army

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:11 AM on Oct. 28, 2013

• Local churches or charities, call 211.

Answer by mommy_jules at 11:11 AM on Oct. 28, 2013

• Check with your local big box stores like Wal-Mart or Target to see how your family could get on their "giving tree" so that shoppers can buy gifts for your kids. The process differs from store to store, but the sooner you call, the more luck you'll have.

Answer by Ballad at 11:37 AM on Oct. 28, 2013

• do you have something called catholic charities?

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:38 AM on Oct. 28, 2013

• someone referred me through the school how to get help you could ask around the school

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:40 AM on Oct. 28, 2013

• QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:51 AM on Oct. 28, 2013

• community care is awesome. give them a call, they will help

Answer by leeannbarbara at 11:53 AM on Oct. 28, 2013

• I believe you go to social services to get on their lists. That is who our company (division) goes to each year. If you belong to a church they may have information to direct you to local sources. Call 211 and there should also be a directory of services to aid you. Now is the time because these list fill up fast.

Answer by Dardenella at 1:09 PM on Oct. 28, 2013

• Also contact your local newspaper and ask about any type of Santa Fund they may have. Plus go to or call your town offices, police station, fire department, etc and ask the same. GL

Answer by silverthreads at 7:23 PM on Oct. 28, 2013