Bacterial vaginosis at 21 weeks pregnant?

I had an appointment with my OB a few days ago and I told him I was concerned about an STD. I had been having a weird discharge for the past couple weeks. He told me everything would be fine and to call if it doesn't go away. he did NOT test me like I was hoping. So I immediately called my other doctor and set up an appointment.
The results came back as Bacterial Vaginosis. I was prescribed 500mg of Metronidazol. 4 pills all at once. Pharmacist said it was safe to take while pregnant. But he did not seem too sure of himself. I did research on the infection and I figured it was safer to take the medication than to let it be.
Do you know of anyone that had BV during pregnancy? I'm worried about PRETERM LABOR and MISCARRIAGE. I want to know all the stories. good and bad.

Lana124

Asked by Lana124 at 3:15 PM on Oct. 28, 2013 in Health

• It's very common. Treat it now before it gets worse. NO SEX for a while. Don't douche or use any kind of wipes, sprays or powders.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:44 PM on Oct. 28, 2013