Pain in lower left abdomen but everything seems normal?

I have been having frequent pain in my lower left abdomen. I am between 9-10 weeks pregnant right now. Since about 7 weeks 3 days it has been sharp and happens around every half an hour, sometimes lasting 20 minutes, but rarely. I was worried about an ectopic pregnancy so went to the doctor at 7 and a half weeks, they found a healthy uterine pregnancy with a heartbeat so became no longer concerned about any problems and I have my next appointment at 13 weeks.

What could this be? Could this be normal? I am just worried as it is still persistent and occasionally I wake up in the night with it being very sharp. It is only in my lower left side.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Oct. 28, 2013 in Pregnancy

• If this persists or you get a fever, I'd definitely call the nurse line. Hydrate well and see if it goes away.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:47 PM on Oct. 28, 2013

• I experienced the same thing with both of my pregnancies early on. For me it was just ligament pain and it went away after a while. If I were you, I'd at least call your doctor's office and express your concerns...they will probably tell you that it's normal and that you'll be fine but it's nice to get some peace of mind.
    collegexmamix28

Answer by collegexmamix28 at 9:41 AM on Oct. 29, 2013