Texas abortion law ruled unconstitutional

Judge rules against Texas abortion limits
http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/28/us/texas-abortion-law/index.html

If someone wants to clicky, can't on tablet. For those who don't remember, this is the law filibustered against so they wouldn't require women to travel over 100 miles for care. Turns out striping women of healthcare isn't constitutional, even if it does make abortion harder to get. Think they'll try to pass it again?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 5:09 PM on Oct. 28, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/28/us/texas-abortion-law/index.html

There you go.

I am not a fan of abortion.

Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:13 PM on Oct. 28, 2013

• I'm so glad this ruling occurred. However, if I know the state I'm now forced to live in, then they will try to pass this crap again.

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 5:15 PM on Oct. 28, 2013

• A lot of people saw this coming. I'm not a fan of abortion, either--I don't know anybody who really is--but making abortion harder to get is wrong, making poor women have to drive a hundred miles out of their way for care is wrong. And of course they'll try to pass this, or some form of it, again. Hopefully they'll be just as unsuccessful next time, and the time after that, and the time after that.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:16 PM on Oct. 28, 2013

• I agree Ballad.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:19 PM on Oct. 28, 2013

• It's Texas. Of course they will keep trying.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:37 PM on Oct. 28, 2013

• I did not understand this...."Blocking this law only puts vulnerable women in greater danger. We are very disturbed that a judge would partially block a law that is grounded in the latest science and in common sense," said Anna Higgins, director of the Center for Human Dignity at the Family Research Council..."
    How does this new ruling put vulnerable women in danger? But I agree that the govt needs to take itself out of a woman's sex life, and let her make the decision, not the damn govt. They interfere entirely too much as it is now.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 11:37 PM on Oct. 28, 2013

• I agreed with parts of the bill, and disagree with parts of the bill. I don't appreciate the judge's activist stance by making his "war on women" comment.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:13 AM on Oct. 29, 2013

• nothing like the govt wasting money trying to pass a law they know will be taken to court spending more tax money on a lost cause.

the hypocrisy of this just kills me.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:35 PM on Oct. 30, 2013