Going on a first date with this guy. My gut tells me not to.

I'm going on a semi blind date. I'm on a dating website. The guys pictures he says one is from a couple of years ago and the other is from last spring. Then he tells me he's husky. What does that mean?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:09 PM on Oct. 28, 2013 in Relationships

• overweight
    does it matter?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:13 PM on Oct. 28, 2013

• He's probably telling you he has put on weight since the picture was taken. If that's the only reason your gut is tellin you not to see him, it seems pretty shallow to me. If that's not the only reason, then trust your gut. It won't usually steer you wrong. Sometimes our intuition accounts for red flags our conscious mind doesn't want to see.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:14 PM on Oct. 28, 2013

• Husky is a nice way of saying he's a bit overweight or big boned. He may not be grossly overweight, but maybe slightly.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:15 PM on Oct. 28, 2013

• It means he has gained a little weight. If you have a bad feeling do not go.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 6:17 PM on Oct. 28, 2013

• He's fat.
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 6:22 PM on Oct. 28, 2013

• you honestly don't know what husky means?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:23 PM on Oct. 28, 2013

•  

meow

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 6:27 PM on Oct. 28, 2013

• Oh just go! Who knows, you might not find a mate, but a new friend!
    Anonymous

• If that's the only thing holding you back, you should go anyway & enjoy yourself. You just never know. I agree w/ anon, that if it doesn't work out, you may gain a new friend. You can never have too many of those.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:44 PM on Oct. 28, 2013

• Wow you don't want to go because he said he is husky? So he is a little chubby, who cares? He could be the nicest man ever.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 7:02 PM on Oct. 28, 2013