Savings account for my daughter??

What all did you have to do to open a savings account for your child?

anna3686

Asked by anna3686 at 3:21 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Money & Work

• just go to the bank and have her social and the be it i have one on my kids i think is a good way to safe money for them
    Anonymous

• go to the bank, have your ID and your childs SS#
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:24 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• We put it pur kids account in ours. We opened a joint account. At our bank it was $25, and that has to be in there at all times, and then we put whatever we can in every paycheck.
    KGeist86

Answer by KGeist86 at 3:24 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• All I had to do was have SSN and like $5 and then just piggy backed her acct. off of mine. So that it's "hers" but it's not locked like her CD is.
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 3:25 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I went to the bank, provided their SSNs and opened the account. Some banks have a minimum, but most waive any fees for a minors account.
    Happy Saving!
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 3:25 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Normally you do need her SS card to open an acct. Also some banks require $100 to open the acct. Also some require that $100 stays in the acct - once the acct. goes below $100 they start charging.
    SuperBamaMom

Answer by SuperBamaMom at 3:26 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• My credit union has a special kids account called Captain Cash. In addition to the savings account it gives them little things to promote savings and get them interested in it. It is a great little program. Maybe check around to see if any local banks or credit unions have anything like this. If not a regular savings account is just fine.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 9:10 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• go to the bank with $5 and open the account. lol
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:49 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• all i did was bring my son's social security number and the money to the bank... I got the money to put in his account by doing this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoxYwrP-IBs

it is free and 100% legit. He has almost $1,000 in the bank at age 10 months :)

blakesma

Answer by blakesma at 4:15 PM on Feb. 24, 2009