Have you missed a School Party?

I feel terrible I am going to miss our sons Halloween Party!. What do you think? Is it okay to miss a party?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:15 PM on Oct. 28, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Yeah, it's ok to miss the ones at school.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 8:16 PM on Oct. 28, 2013

• Our school doesn't have parties.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 8:20 PM on Oct. 28, 2013

• You can only do what you can do. haven't missed one yet, but my daughter was only in pre-K last year, kindergarten this year, so hr school career is young. Thanks for reminding me, I have to find out when the Halloween party is and sign up to bring something. I swear, I would have forgotten, so you're not so bad after all.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:22 PM on Oct. 28, 2013

• there are many parents that never get to go to a party, it really is okay to miss one as much as we'd like to be at all of them
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 8:22 PM on Oct. 28, 2013

• I never go. I can't stand being around pushy parents and hundreds of kids. Mostly the parents though.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:25 PM on Oct. 28, 2013

• Some people have jobs
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:32 PM on Oct. 28, 2013

• I have gone to most of my son's parties but of the ones that I missed I feel most guilty about one that I told my son I would be there and then got stuck at work. 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:39 PM on Oct. 28, 2013

• Having been a room mommy I will tell you that most parents miss them and that is good. Think if each child had one or two parents in their room.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 8:39 PM on Oct. 28, 2013

• My son managed to miss BOTH class parties (Winter & Year End) last year due o illness and I was set to help with both of them. That being said: It is totally NORMAL to miss parties! In fact MOST parents do not attend due to work, illness or other conflicting obligations.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:42 PM on Oct. 28, 2013

• I can't recall ever going to one. I had my own classes at the time.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:48 PM on Oct. 28, 2013