What are your thoughts on 14-15 year old sister and brother sharing a bedroom together?

My husband and his sister are twins they shared a bedroom until they were 14-15 years old. I find that a bit strange. I know before we were married they use to walk in on one another while one was in the bath or going to the bathroom or getting dressed. His mom use to ask him not her husband or her daughter but her son to go get her pajamas while she was bathing they had clothes hanging on the shower curtain so you couldn't even shut the curtain if you wanted too. His sister would change her shirt while I was on the computer in her room and her brother talking to her, but she would tell me not to turn around. One time I was in the kitchen I come in the living room (the bathroom was directly off the living room) well when I walked in she was in her pants but no bra or shirt with her brother right there watching tv but yet when she seen me walk into the room she shut the bathroom door. He new it bothered me so he started locking the bathroom door when he bathed and his sister was trying to kick down the door while he was in there so his mom was yelling at him to unlock the door that he doesn't pay rent. He was 19 when we got together. Maybe it is because My dad never came in on me or my sister and my mom never came in on me, my sister or brother. Once we were able to wash our own hair that was that. My mom believes that is your private time so she never came in on none of us always went to the bathroom before we got in there or waited until after we were done.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 PM on Oct. 28, 2013 in Relationships

• Maybe that's all some people can afford. Maybe it was better than someone sleeping on the living room floor.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:22 PM on Oct. 28, 2013

• tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:32 PM on Oct. 28, 2013

• Eh. I'm just answering your question and not reading that thousand word essay. Opposite sex siblings sharing a room well into their teens is not uncommon.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:06 PM on Oct. 28, 2013

• You are still worried about this?

This has been posted over and over again through the years I have been on CM.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:22 PM on Oct. 28, 2013

• NO.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:23 PM on Oct. 28, 2013

• I can't know
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 9:24 PM on Oct. 28, 2013

• Meh!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 9:24 PM on Oct. 28, 2013

• I have a friend who has a little brother by maybe three years. the whole darn family was naked around one another all the time. They'd all sit nude in the hot tub together too. None of them are gay or weird. I think it depends on the family. Some folks are very fond of nudity.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:02 PM on Oct. 28, 2013

• I find the non-chalant lack of privacy to be more disturbing than them just sharing a room, although that it odd to me. Years ago my friend was dating a 24 year old guy who shared a room with his 22 year old sister, in bunk beds no less. Both of them needed to move the hell out of their mom's house anyway but still....awkward!
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 11:35 PM on Oct. 28, 2013

• LOL tnm!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 9:40 PM on Oct. 28, 2013