Condoms for teenagers? adult content

Have you ever taught your teens the proper way to use condoms or have they learned on their own?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:57 AM on Oct. 29, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• We had two boys and a daughter. We taught them that sex was for marriage, and we helped them wait. It worked out beautifully for our family, and I would not want to have done it any other way. We never had to deal with any of the consequences of pre-marital sex.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:19 AM on Oct. 29, 2013

• ours were taught in school. They can get them through the school nurse and she has a demo they have to go through the first time I had the birds ad bees with my DD at 9 (modified and then later again because of her period) I believe my son was 12 or 13 and when it got to that point the kids informed us that this was available in school. I knew about the condoms just not the demo. That saved a hot dogs life. On the other hand they are not that hard to figure out.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:12 AM on Oct. 29, 2013

• I gave him condoms, asked if he knew how to operate them, and sent him to the prom. He said they were just friends, but i made him take them just in case.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:11 PM on Oct. 29, 2013

• I hope my daughter holds onto her childhood as long as she possibly can. But I don't want her to have to figure out the world of sex the way I did, through friends, trial and error, and some embarrassing moments. I learned what a condom was and how it should work from a college roommate who was horrified that I didn't know, and probably rightly so. I intend to make sure my daughter knows at a much younger age. The bottom line is, if she doesn't choose to wait like I hope she does and will advise her to do, I'd rather buy condoms than diapers.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:54 PM on Oct. 29, 2013

• I never did the condom and banana but I did talk about putting them on safely and more importantly how to take them off safely.
    GarysWife1991

Answer by GarysWife1991 at 6:11 PM on Oct. 29, 2013

• Yes you definitely should teach your child about condoms, birth control, etc. Girls and boys. Yes, telling your children they should wait, is a must. You should keep saying it until its drilled in their minds. This is not something you just hand over to a kid, as if its a piece of candy. There needs to be talks, over and over. And it doesn't have to be awkward. You have to have some what of a relationship with your child, to be able to actually sit there and talk to them with out them wanting to just get the heck out of the room. Talk to them like human beings, and maturely. Its your jobs as parents. :)
    lovemyfour79

Answer by lovemyfour79 at 5:29 AM on Nov. 3, 2013

• My son has been well educated since Kindergarten. He learned how to put them on in middle school health class, just like I learned. I would much rather provide condoms to my teen than take care of a baby. I am realistic enough to know that just because I have taught him to wait until marriage or he is financially responsible to care for the consequences of a baby doesn't mean he will. I want him and his partner protected.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:16 PM on Nov. 22, 2013