what should i do

my sons father.. current boyfriend.. told me he has chlamydia, and started accusing me of cheating on him...i never did not true.. so i went to the doctor and they said i had it too. and the doctor said the only way you can get it is if you have sex with someone who has the disease.. i know i didnt cheat so it must be him hes saying i gave it to him but i didnt cuz i never cheated on him.i think he gave it to me. basically i for sure know by the facts that he cheated on me with someone who had chlamydia. i keep thinking of other ways we coulda got the disease but the doctor said you can only get it from having sex with someone who already has it. he wont admit that he cheated but its kinda obvious. i dont know if i should leave him or stay. have any of u had ur man cheat.. how did u deal..he wont admit it at all.. he keeps saying i did it. i feel like i cant fully believe this until it comes out of his mouth what do i do..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:25 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• wow, that would really stress me out. But if u know u haven't been with anyone else besides ur partner, than for sure it was him. Now, you two have to sit down and try to talk things out and make sure that u can trust him and that u both are going to be treated for this and promise to have a faithful relationhip. But if not then you should make up your mind and think how safe your health is with him. Best of luck!
    Anonymous

• Since you know for sure you haven't cheated, he has to have done it. He won't come clean about it so how can you trust him. Thank God it wasn't HIV/Aids, what if it would have been. I went through this with my husband and he never admitted cheating until we were in therapy, maybe that's what it would take for yours. I for sure wouldn't have unprotected sex with him again, until I felt I could trust him again. Keep in mind there is no cure for HIV/Aids, you in the long run will die, and your son needs you. I would take this very seriously and think about all that's involved.
    Anonymous

• http://www.emedicinehealth.com/chlamydia/page3_em.htm

Quote:
    No symptoms in 70-80% of cases (One study found that 3% of a sample of young adults 18-35 years had untreated chlamydia.)
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 4:21 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I was once diagnosed with gonorrhea and the only person I'd had sex with was my boyfriend. He swore up and down he didn't cheat and I KNOW I didn't so I made him get tested. He didn't have it. I never had any symptoms and my doctor told me that those tests are only like 70% accruate so there was a chance it could have been a false positive. Either that or I'd had it for years and it never showed up on previous tests. But my boyfriend didn't have it. Never did figure that one out.
    Anonymous