Strange Flu Shot Question

I got my flu shot at Walgreen's this morning. I usually have it done at my doctor's office, but Walgreen's is running a program, at least around here, where for every flu shot they bill, they give a free one to someone at risk who can't afford it. Anyway, it was the strangest thing. The staff person put the injection in the muscle of my left arm, below the shoulder, as usual, but I didn't feel anything at all. It was like getting touched with a pencil eraser. No sting, no sensation of the faccine going in, nothing. My arm aches all the way down to the fingers now, so I'm guessing the needle did go in, but at the time I wondered if he'd forgotten to take the cap off or something. Why would an injection feel like that, instead of the normal quick "ouch" and it's over? I'm just more curious than anything.

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 12:55 PM on Oct. 29, 2013 in Health

• Because if you pinch the arm it's less likely the person will feel the needle. We did injections all the time in medical assisting class. Some people were good and some not so good.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:13 PM on Oct. 30, 2013

• Mine was quick and easy this year also. Didn't really feel a thing. I assumed it was because the needles are so tiny now and the tech was well trained.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 2:26 PM on Oct. 29, 2013

• thin needle, and the vaccine is probably not very viscus (or not think)

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 3:07 PM on Oct. 29, 2013

• Well if your arm isn't better in the morning, call the doctor.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:05 AM on Oct. 30, 2013

• UGH,... I meant thick... not think! Sorry!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 7:47 PM on Oct. 29, 2013