Ring worm??? Help...

Yesterday I didn't baby sit because te irk I sit for had a fever, mom took her to ER but all was fine. Over 24 hours fver free. Today she came to my house with the girls and told me that the baby has a spot in her face, might be ribg worm. Doctor told her to use tea tree oil and asked if she has animals. (She doesn't).

So today she told me to keep an eye out because it have two cats and a puppy this a possibility of then giving it to her....

I called the vet and they told me what to loo for andmy cats and puppy do t have any of the signs.. Plus my three kids and I dont have any spots andmy neighbors kids ( who were here the outer night rubbing onmy cats have nothing)

My question is this... Do you think it's still possible se got it from my house? How do I prevent this ? My cats are indoor cat btw.

Also how contagious is ring worm? Should I tell her to keep Her kid home from here on out til it's gone? I'm not framiliar with this clearly lol

nnh_mama

Asked by nnh_mama at 1:13 PM on Oct. 29, 2013 in General Parenting

• Google

Answer by louise2 at 1:41 PM on Oct. 29, 2013

• Why did she take her to the ER? Seems like a normal Pediatrician should have been able to examine the child. She could have picked it up anywhere. It's generally not a very big deal.

Ringworm is contagious. It spreads when you have skin-to-skin contact with a person or animal that has it. It can also spread when you share things like towels, clothing, or sports gear.

You can also get ringworm by touching an infected dog or cat, although this form of ringworm is not common.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:06 PM on Oct. 29, 2013

• I would google pictures of ring worm & see if they compare to what that little girl has on her face. I would be surprised if she got it from your pets if no one in your family has it.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:48 PM on Oct. 29, 2013

• Yup... what QuinnMae said.

I've treated it in wrestlers many times... as an ATC I'd recommend an anti fungal like Lotrimin over anything else.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 3:05 PM on Oct. 29, 2013

• It's a fungus and it can be picked up anywhere. Generally its found in places where cats defecate. Having said that, if the child has a sand box, that's the likely culprit.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 12:20 PM on Oct. 30, 2013

• I asked her to find alternative care for her daughter until it clears up. She took her daughter back to dr and the dr said yes it's ringworm and told her it is from an animal and if she isnt ever around animals then to find a secondary source, So yet again I'm being told it's from my house. And then she said her doctor told her that we may not show signs of it because we can be immune and be hosts?

I've called the vet agin and they literally gave me step by step instructions On where and how to chdck my animals. It's 45$ to test each animals but they said they can't even test if there isn't a patch to check! So wtf do I do? Bring them in for the hell of it and possibly get charged up the ass to shut her up?
    nnh_mama

Comment by nnh_mama (original poster) at 3:39 PM on Oct. 30, 2013