Do you suffer from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?

Mine is acting up today. My lower arms feel so heavy and weak. No pain yet.
I guess that explains why I keep dropping and knocking over things.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 2:32 PM on Oct. 29, 2013 in Health

• I get a numbness in my wrist and the doctor said I probably have a slight form of it. It isn't that bothersome to me unless I need to write for a good long time.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:10 PM on Oct. 29, 2013

• Mine flares up now and then. I learned to type when I was in the fourth grade, and I used a braille writing machine years before that. Ergonomic keyboards and desks where your arms are kept level and the stress on your wrists is minimized hadn't been heard of in the seventies. The pain in the forearms and shooting down into the fingers is the worst. Do you have wrist supports you can wear? Sometimes they provide at least a little relief.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:35 PM on Oct. 29, 2013

• I used to years ago when I worked full time. I worked on a computer all day. On the drive home, I could not find a position to rest my arm it hurt so bad. Eventually it went away after I left but now occasionally the top of my right hand pains me. They sell rests for your wrists to put in front of your keyboard/Laptop.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:37 PM on Oct. 29, 2013

• I did until I had surgery. Best thing I ever did. I used to have to wrap my arms around the baby to make sure I didn't drop her in the mornings. Now I have full use of my fingers/hands and it's great. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Wish I hadn't waited so long.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 3:37 PM on Oct. 29, 2013

• Only during pregnancy. I had it BAD for the last 4-5 months of both pregnancies. It sucked.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:50 PM on Oct. 29, 2013

• Yes,I do

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 2:39 PM on Oct. 29, 2013

• Yes, I do. I have to wear the annoying wrist guards overnight sometimes...seeing a doctor for tests next week and he may do a surgery to give me some relief, makes me nervous though...I have had it so long, I guess I've gotten used to it ...but if there is something that can help, I guess it's worth checking into.
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 8:27 PM on Nov. 2, 2013