Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Probably at the last minute but maybe there's hope?

I am looking for help in terms of renting a room/apt...i know section 8 is very popular but my social worker said the applications are so long in waiting there's no point in applying (which kinda let my hopes down) i am in long island and was wondering if anyone else new of any other help? Renting rooms and basements in my area is so hard like nobody seems to be doing that anymore, but i'm curious if there's any mother form of "gov't help" that anyone knows that could help?

Answer Question

Asked by CollegeMommy89 at 4:19 PM on Oct. 29, 2013 in Home & Garden

Level 4 (48 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • Id o not. But call 211
    Get yourself on the list now in case you need it when your name comes up to the top of the list. I am sorry.

    Answer by Dardenella at 4:29 PM on Oct. 29, 2013

  • Section 8 is years of waiting. Call 211

    Answer by staciandababy at 5:16 PM on Oct. 29, 2013

  • there is help for renter. go to the social service office and they can help

    Answer by christina122952 at 12:55 AM on Dec. 8, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Home & Garden
Buying a home on back taxes...

Next question overall (Baby Names)
Girl names