Needing support

I just found out I'm pregnant about 3 weeks according to my lmp. This will b my 3 rd child. My other two are 5&2. I'm considering adoption I don't think I can handle three children so close in age. The father is completely against adoption. He has a son with another women and he's a good dad to him. I'm just not sure on what to do :( ...the father and I are not together we broke up on sat so the feelings and everything are still very strong. Any advice on adoption? Or any support would be great! I also don't think I can tell my family right now bc they don't like him to begin with.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:03 PM on Oct. 29, 2013 in Pregnancy

• So,are you basing this mostly on the fact that you 2 broke up?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:18 PM on Oct. 29, 2013

• Give it some time to let your emotions heal before making a major decision like this.

Good luck.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 8:33 PM on Oct. 29, 2013

• If you don't want to raise the baby and the father wants to, why wouldn't you let him raise the baby?
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 8:34 PM on Oct. 29, 2013

• I think that your thoughts are not clear right now and you do not have to rush in and make this decision right now. Does the father want to take custody and raise the child himself. If so this might be the best option. You may wish to contact Birthright and see if they have someone who can talk to you. Just do not make any rash decisions.

When this is all said and done, I would suggest that you do something to not get pregnant aain, until you decide you actively want another child.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:36 PM on Oct. 29, 2013

• No I'm not basing this bc we broke up. I'm not financially stable I am barly making ends meet as is. Bc the baby's father is living wit an unstable roommate. And he has his own issues
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:16 PM on Oct. 29, 2013

• Finances can change. Instability can be resolved. These are temporary issues. Adoption is usually pretty permanent. It's definitely an option, and it could make some family very blessed. But like Atnanta said, give yourself a few months to get your life compass working right again.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:19 PM on Oct. 29, 2013

• You have ten months to decide. Don't rush any decisions.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:01 AM on Oct. 30, 2013

• You are barely pregnant and newly broken up. Just take care of yourself for now and see what happens. Wait for the pregnancy to be viable and see how things are with your ex in a few months.

staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:26 AM on Oct. 30, 2013

• You do know, for the most part, the father has to agree to the adoption. That said a lot can change in nine months. You can handle it. You just don't know it yet. your family may not like him, but I am pretty sure they love you and will be willing to help out any way they can.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:01 PM on Oct. 30, 2013

• I agree with everyone else. You have a lot going on right now and this is not the time to be making big decisions. Give it some time and go from there. You are very newly pregnant and you JUST broke up with the dad...that doesn't mean that things won't get better in time.
    collegexmamix28

Answer by collegexmamix28 at 7:31 PM on Oct. 30, 2013