Would you let your kids live in filth to prove a point?

a friend of mine is bitching on facebook that her husband doesn't do dishes and wondering if she should do it or go on strike. im pretty sure she wouldn't actually do it though. i get it, i really do. i did all of the housework when my asshole ex lived here, so it really makes no difference now that i'm the only adult living here. and on top of it now i also take care of the yard and trash. but i'd never have gone "on strike" when he lived here, not since there are kids that live here. yeah, if we didn't have kids i would have totally done it.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 9:41 PM on Oct. 29, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I tried that. It lasted 2 days before it became clear that no one but me cared. lol. I just continue to suffer through and encourage good habits...even with DH
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:57 PM on Oct. 29, 2013

• Well I'm not sure what she should do but my husband was complaining about how I do his laundry and how I fold or don't fold or whatever...So I went on a husband laundry strike it lasted a few weeks. Then my dryer broke and he decided instead of buying me a dryer that works he would buy himself a new bass guitar. So I cashed out sum my savings and bought one myself and never did his laundry again, that was three years ago and I plan to never let that grudge go. lol  Even though his pile of laundry secretly drives me insane

pinkparcel

Answer by pinkparcel at 9:52 PM on Oct. 29, 2013

• Nah... I'm too much a neat freak. I might last all of five minutes....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:43 PM on Oct. 29, 2013

• No. Not doing dishes is not living in filth though. I get behind on those often.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:43 PM on Oct. 29, 2013

• They wouldn't care but it would make me crazy.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:32 PM on Oct. 29, 2013

• nah
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:43 PM on Oct. 29, 2013

• everybody gets behind on them. but by the next meal most people catch up. hell im guilty of letting dinner dishes sit until morning. i wouldnt leave it piled up for a week though
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 9:46 PM on Oct. 29, 2013

• i would consider that filthy. what are they suppose to eat off of? the floor?
    tnm786

• Honestly, I didn't find that it worked very well, probably because I couldn't stand the mess and gave up too soon. But I did let the kitchen go once, pretty much till we ran out of dishes. I wanted to see if anybody would step up. It didn't happen. And then I had a mammoth mess to clean up anyway. My daughter was unaffected because I fixed her food and made sure she had clean dishes and utensils.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:47 PM on Oct. 29, 2013

• My husband's only issue is washing dishes only he used. I did once go on kitchen strike until he figured it out, but my kid was still well fed!
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 11:11 PM on Oct. 29, 2013