Spinoff from Charlotsometimes: Which horror/Thriller movie is your all time fav?

I dutifully saw Salem's Lot and all the Friday the 13th flicks but Silence of the Lambs was a creepy one. I'm sure I'm missing one...

Speaking of freaky, how 'bout the torso found in the Cal water treatment or sewer place today? Oh and the legs found in the other one? Black Dahlia wannabe. People are losing their minds.....I keep saying it.

jeanclaudia

Asked by jeanclaudia at 12:32 AM on Oct. 30, 2013 in Entertainment

• The Shining. I love scary, hate gore. What Lies Beneath creeped me out big time.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:48 AM on Oct. 30, 2013

• ooohhh maecntpntz that scene in the Mothman where he's in the hotel room and he's on the phone with the Chapstick creeps me out. Can't watch it!!

I really like Signs. Probably because it all turns out ok in the end.
    War of the Worlds as some intense scenes in it, too.

Since I became a mom I don't do gore... like that's literally all I ever watched growing up, (Jason, Freddy, Child's Play, Poltergeist, Fright Night, Texas Chainsaw Massacre) but the first night I was home alone with a child to protect I just couldn't do it anymore. Real life became scarier!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:09 AM on Oct. 30, 2013

• The Wizard of Oz. Oh wait... that's not a horror movie, is it? But it gave me nightmares as a kid.

The Haunting (original) was good. I also liked many of the Alfred Hitchcock films.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 1:14 AM on Oct. 30, 2013

• The Haunting - the original one, not the remake.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:43 AM on Oct. 30, 2013

• The Mothman Prophecies. It has the right amount of creepiness without any really grossly disturbing scenes. I don't like gore or scary faces but I love supernatural.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:48 AM on Oct. 30, 2013

• I don't like horror movies.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:56 AM on Oct. 30, 2013

• I've never been a big horror movie fan, but the ones that actually 'spook' me are the ones that are more supernatural than gory.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 9:42 AM on Oct. 30, 2013

• I hate them all equally.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:46 AM on Oct. 30, 2013

• Cujo for me hands down. Nightmare on Elm Street; Saw; Hostel ;
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:58 AM on Oct. 30, 2013

• The Exorcist

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:10 AM on Oct. 30, 2013