How many trick or treaters are you expecting?

How much candy do you buy?
Do you shut it down at a certain time?
We get well over 100 trick or treaters, I usually stop at 8 pm or so, but sometimes they come as late at 10 pm.

2kids2dogs2cats

Asked by 2kids2dogs2cats at 8:53 AM on Oct. 30, 2013 in Holidays

• LOL! We didn't get any kids last year. We live in a circle & there are only 5 houses & it's a little bit of a walk to the next development. Last year we went to my Mothers house & I left a basket of candy on the front steps & the whole thing was there when we got home. BUT! My DH bought 6 bags of chocolate candy & I have been pigging out! I just have zero will power when there is candy in the house.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:50 AM on Oct. 30, 2013

• None- we are on the last street and we are the last house in an unfinished part of the neighborhood. I don't think we had any kids show up last year- why would they? I'd drive into the finished parts and take the kids there instead

SO, since hubby (who isn't that big on Halloween anyway) is in Utah...I asked my 19 yr old if she wanted to have a party here. WOO my first actual Halloween party! So excited...even if everyone will be her friends!
    gonna make meatballs, veggie tray, cupcakes and bones (made with pretzels/marshmallows/ and almond bark) and we made what we call a glow room- walls covered in black trash bags, and neon signs and a toxic zombie theme...black lights and glow sticks
    should be fun. Gonna have a costume contest, guess how many gummy worms in the jar and pin the bullet hole on the zombie (aiming right between the eyes!)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:24 AM on Oct. 30, 2013

• About 8,000. I spent $1,400 on candy yesterday. We shut down at 8pm.

LOL my company does a big trick or treating event at a local mall every year. We get about 8,000 people but including parents (who don't hesitate to trick or treat themselves...) and I got to take the company card to Target yesterday and load up carts with candy! The event ends at 8pm lol.

We aren't expecting any at home, none of us will be there.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 9:15 AM on Oct. 30, 2013

• I'm not sure! We just moved into the neighborhood. Our last neighborhood was more urban and had mostly townhouses and apartments. We only got a handful of trick or treaters each year. This year we're in a regular neighborhood, and there is an elementary school 2 blocks away, so I'm hoping we'll have trick or treaters. I love seeing the kids in their costumes. I bought 8 bags of candy we'll hand it out until it's gone, or until 9pm whichever comes first.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:21 AM on Oct. 30, 2013

• I have lived in my house for over 30 years, never once have I gotten a trick or treat er, we live in a very secluded neighborhood and anyone coming here would have to do a lot of walking in the dark! so I buy no candy, and no one has ever knocked on my door....

Answer by older at 10:10 AM on Oct. 30, 2013

• None for us. We live in the boondocks so we go to a community party usually.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 10:25 AM on Oct. 30, 2013

• We generally get around 100 kids, and the weather this year is absolutely beautiful, so I expect more.
    I've spent about 60.00 for candy. I lock up when I run out of candy.
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 10:27 AM on Oct. 30, 2013

• Probably none; we don't live near many people, and it's supposed to storm Thursday.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 9:01 AM on Oct. 30, 2013

• None. The children that particpate in our area usually go to the Community center for a party.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:14 AM on Oct. 30, 2013

• Zero. I am not passing out candy this year. Last year I spent about 200, I make gift bags.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 9:17 AM on Oct. 30, 2013