Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Questions about yeast infections. No pictures. adult content

I think I have one. Burning, itching and white inside. I have never had a yeast infection and I am really embarrassed. I have a couple questions.

I cant see a doctor for confirmation. Is it okay to treat at home? Which product should I use? Can it be spread through bath water? I have taken a bath with my daughter recently. Does my husband need treatment too? I do not have health insurance... This sucks.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Oct. 30, 2013 in Health

Answers (17)
  • I read through online about them. I am not pregnant and have recently stopped taking birth control, but it did not contain estrogen.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:33 PM on Oct. 30, 2013

  • just go get monistat over the counter meds. works great

    Answer by 3girlys at 1:35 PM on Oct. 30, 2013

  • Before you buy the monistat, they have a test to determine if it is a yeat infection or something else, if it is something else, you need to see a doctor. It sells for about 10 bucks, and it will let you know if it is a yeast or something else. Monistat the 3 day treatment is what I would suggest, they have a 1 day, but if it has been going on for any length of time, the 3 day one would be better.

    Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 1:41 PM on Oct. 30, 2013

  • As far as I know it can not be transmited to your DD or DH. Treat your self at home? yes.
    Some sysmptoms can be a STD to.

    Answer by louise2 at 1:44 PM on Oct. 30, 2013

  • ive never had one before but here is a bump to help you out. GL

    Answer by tnm786 at 1:45 PM on Oct. 30, 2013

  • Try Monistat first, just know that over the counter medication doesn't always work and it is better to make sure it isn't there anymore because left for a prolong amount of time can become a health hazard. If symptoms still persist then It's better you get it checked by a doctor. It is nothing to worry about or to be embarrassed about. Yeast infections can be a result of stress, hormone level change, people usually get them after pregnancies or periods. Your husband will most likely not get anything as it is seldom for men to get it. This doesnt mean it cannot be transmitted. Wish you good result.

    Answer by ImMommyMandie at 1:52 PM on Oct. 30, 2013

  • Do the test first to confirm it is a yeast infection. If it is indeed yeast, then buy some OTC stuff to treat.
    Your hubby does not have to get treated, but do not have sex for a while (at least a week).

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:33 PM on Oct. 30, 2013

  • I am even more confused now. The reviews on the test kit are hit and miss and it is more expensive than the monistat. Do I just treat myself and see if it goes away? Or call local resources and see if there is a woman's clinic anywhere that will test me?

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:37 PM on Oct. 30, 2013

  • No pictures lol

    Answer by BeaverHouse at 2:45 PM on Oct. 30, 2013

  • I would try the Monistat first. It usually works.

    Answer by NannyB. at 2:50 PM on Oct. 30, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.